How can i get my daughter potty train???Please Help!!!!

butterfly197426

Asked by butterfly197426 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• With my daughter i tried the whole pullups thing for a while and i guess to her it felt just like a diaper and she would go potty in it anyway the same with my son. So i got her underwear and let he pick them out and she had one accident in them and never went potty in them again i would also let her pick out her favorite stickers and everytime she would go potty she got to put a sticker on a pice of paper that hung on the fridge. Im doing the same thing with my son now and he just turned 2 and is almost fully potty trained we also frist tried the pullups with him and he would still go potty in them and as soon as we gave him underwear he wont go potty in them.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 12:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Start off by getting a little prize for her so that each time she sits on the potty and actually goes she can have one, whether it be a sticker or an M&M...something small that she likes. Explain to her that potty training means she is a big girl and when she is all done she gets to do big girl things. Let her pick out the panties and pull ups that she would prefer to use. Just try your best to be patient and remember that potty training often turns into a battle of wills between parent and child if the issue is forced too much. She will grasp the concept eventually, I know it seems like an eternity and you just want to see her succeed and understand (too bad there is no easy button for this one, huh?) When there is an accident, just deal with it nonchalantly and take one day at a time, each one will get easier and easier and she will start using the potty more and more. GL!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 12:23 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i did a lot of verbal praise with my two kids. my son and daughter loved it!!!! i would run around the house clapping all exited and crazy but they really got a kick of it.and of course we went underwear shopping they picked out there fav characters.accidents are going to happen dont get upset mommie... have her help clean up.GOODLUCK
    Bellaaa

Answer by Bellaaa at 12:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We went straight to big girl panties. We did have a lot of accidents at first, but we did candy kisses as rewards and stickers too. She "got it" within a week or so. It didn't take long.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Go right to undies. Pull ups are confusing. Give rewards like m&ms. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009