should I feel bad.........?

My sister is getting married this month, I just got the invitation saturday, I know the only reason she sent it is because she wants MY dd there, we haven't spoken in almost a year, the last thing she said 2 me was "we don't want u around we just want alicia here (my dd)" so I told her 2 f*** off, and if she wants a child so bad it takes 9 months so hop 2 it. Tell ur midget man 2 do you.
She and our parents have always treated me like shit.
And if I take my my dd their it would surely be torture for both her and me, but especially her because she is part black. My dads side is very racist, every sentence of out their mouth has 2 have the n word in it. According 2 them I've done a horrible thing, being with a black man, and I don't see anything wrong about it.
So my question is should I feel bad that I won't be going 2 her wedding? I don't know what section 2 put this under so I put it here

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• You shouldn't feel badly about not going. Thats my opinion at least. It doesn't sound to me like your family is really there for you so why would you be there for her wedding and subject your daughter to that? I agree, I wouldn't go either.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:23 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• lol so your the rebellious child that does exactly the oppisite of what you have been told to, btw i dont care about the race but its funny when i read what you said.no why should you feel bad if you dont wanna go just dont go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You might regret it but you might not. Think really hard about it and maybe ask her some questions as to why she wants you there.

I remember I got in a huge fight with my bff before her wedding that I was no longer her maid of honor and my son was no longer the ring boy...I was so upset and angry with her that I didnt talk to her for a long time. Well her wedding day came and I showed up...she was my best friend still in my heart and when she saw me there she started to cry and so did I. I am glad that I went but you gotta do what you feel in your heart and what is best for you and your family. GL.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yes anon 9:26pm pt, iam rebelious I don't deny that, according 2 them im the evil child, lol they literally called me evil on several occasions, and because of that, if I did go I would be the one in black with the skull and crossbones jewerly just 2 piss her off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• And she didn't even invite our brothers. Its like she hates all 3 of us and we don't even know why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't go. I'm the evil mommy that keeps her kids from people that don't like me >:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• "And if I take my my dd their it would surely be torture for both her and me," Well, then, of course you should not go. I'm sorry that you and your daughter don't have the love and support of your family. That is very sad.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• nope I wouldn't feel bad, and I sure enough wouldn't be there.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 11:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Thanks everyone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Don't go and don't let your dd go. Why should she be exposed to such a hateful group of people. When they ask you why, tell them the truth, calmly, and without anger (I know, it's hard to do, but anger only fuels their criticism of you). When they want to argue about it, get up and leave. You can't fight ignorance, but you can remove yourself from ignorant people. I hope you have found good friends to be your surrogate family. There are wonderful people out there.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009