Does proactive really work for adults??

I want to know if it really does work before I order it. whats your opnion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I just tried it this past spring and I was completely unimpressed. It made my acne much worse, even after a few months. Another thing that I did not like about it was that when you would use a washcloth or a towel to cleanse or dry off your face it would bleach the cloth completely! I started using a facial scrub by Neutrogena that has grapefruit extracts in it, and it has really helped me a lot. I use Aveeno daily moisturizer with it. The proactive also burned at first and really dried my skin out. I think it is different for everyone, just be sure to keep track of the amount of time that you use the product so that if you decide it doesn't work you can return it in time to get refunded. Good luck! BTW...I also do a honey/baking soda mask about once a week and that helps so much! It is amazing! Takes away a lot of redness and irritation. GL!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 12:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Didn't work for me either!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• it works, but you can get better stuff cheaper at walmart. Neutragena and Clean&Clear both sell similar products for less that have been proven to work better.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:09 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Check out the all natual acne line with Arbonne. Really made a difference for my clients who needed it.
    www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 2:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Oh, was my face ever so itchy. I did not like it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• wow...Im the odd one out here because I love proactive! I dont have real acne though, just a few breakouts here and there but I have red blotchy skin and proactive really improved the actual skin.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It didn't work for me. It made my skin extremely dry, and rough (foundation would soak into it and look darker than it should), especially around my chin area. On top of that I still got plenty of blemishes. :(
    Arlyah

Answer by Arlyah at 7:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It worked for my brother in law great.It was the best thing he ever spent money on.Rkolms ya just think you know everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Proactive didn't work for me either. It worked ok for the first couple of weeks and I thought cool!! Then after that my skin got really dry and i started breaking out real bad again. I have tried the honey mask and all that jazz and it didn't work either.

In all honestly, the thing that works for me is this. I use antibacterial hand soap and eucerin lotion. I know it sounds weird but it is the ONLY thing (I've looked on websites and asked on here for things and tried EVERYTHING I got tips on) that has honestly worked for me!! I wash my face in the morning and before I go to bed. Emediatly after washing I put the eucerin lotion on my face (the original kind). I only have one tiny pimple on my face and because of the eucerine, my face is soooo soft! I would seriously try this before buying proactive. antibacterial soap (has to be antibacterial and try to get one that has a moisturizer in it) is cheap as hell!!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009