More lies?

http://www.privatemdlabs.com/news/HIV/CDC-may-recommend-circumcisions-to-prevent-spread-of-HIV$19336026.php
Wow us Republicans need to SLOW down with all this misinformation!

In an effort to curtail the spread of HIV, some health officials are suggesting all babies be circumcised, an idea that has sparked some controversy.

Though no formal recommendations have been set, it's already been reported that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are considering the action due to spikes in people infected with HIV.

Earlier this year it was reported that the number of Washington DC residents who were infected with HIV had risen when compared to last year's figures.

However, some experts question the benefit of a mandated circumcision since it does not appear to protect those who are at a greater risk of getting the virus, the New York Times reports. In this case, it is men who have sex with other men.

Liking my copy

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Dr Peter Kilmarx, chief of epidemiology for the HIV/AIDS prevention division at the CDC, told the news provider circumcisions may be necessary.

"What we've heard from our consultants is that there would be a benefit for infants from infant circumcision, and that the benefits outweigh the risks," Kilmarx said.

In general, many health officials have said that people knowing their health status through HIV testing is one of the best ways to reduce the spread of AIDS.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• uncircumcision is linked to penile cancer with certain exposures to stds? i read this...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Hmm. The APA does not agree, and neither do I. Keeping a foreskin clean is no more difficult than keeping the girl parts clean. Both involve folds of skin that must have some hygienic attention paid to them in order to remain clean. Otherwise, Funkorama will descend.

Awareness and protection would stop the AIDS/HIV thing a lot more than circumcision. 

Nope.  Sorry.  My kids will not be cut because there are those concerned I cannot teach and they cannot learn how to clean themselves and protect themselves sexually. 

LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Is your post sarcastic? I don't understand. If you mean to say that the info you have given is proof to Rush's claim (oft repeated) that Obama wants to "require circumcision" then I will have to say is you have failed to prove anything except that the CDC is considering recommending circumcision as a standard. As you know, the CDC can recommend all they want, but if you decide not to have your boys circumcised that's it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It's like the fearmongers creep into every corner and every group of people. The old people, the anti vax crowd, the homeschool crowd, and now the anti-circumcision crowd. So not only do I have to worry the gubment is going to come knocking on my door with a needle in their hand, they are also going to circumcise my son while throwing painkillers at my dying grandmother. It's a scary scary world I tell you..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• So whats your question? Or is this just another Obama witch hunting post?

Anonymous

• Yeah...I must agree with LiliM. If a guy can't keep his foreskin clean, he has some serious serious serious issues. My fiance is intact and it's not gross, smelly, nasty, unclean, or anything of the sort.

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

Is it a lie is the question....
    Did I mention Obama? No so stop trolling.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Is your post sarcastic?
    Sorta, see I was called a liar saying the CDC never released a report on upping people Circumcising their sons. So I was asking if the ARTICLE I read was a lie.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It's like the fearmongers creep into every corner
    __________
    Sorry I don't see how this is me being a fear monger. I apologize if that is how you took it, I was simply asking if this article was a lie. All the searching I have done said no. So I put the whole republican lies thing because I was told I was lying and spreading Republican lies. That lie being the CDC never released this statement.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2009