vaginal cream, not safe for BFing but ok for pregnancy?

my ob prescribed me a vaginal cream for amild yeast infection but, while reading the warnings, it stated in bold print it was unsafe forbreastfeeding women then went on to say it could transfer to the child through the milk. it said pregnant women should consult their physician because they hadn't had conclusive results on whether it was safe or not. this makes me wonder if it could transfer through pregnancy if it can transfer through milk? why would my ob prescribe this if its not known to be safe? is there something else i can take because i really dont feel comfortable using it if it could hurt my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes, things that may get into Breastmilk, might not cross the placenta in pregnancy. I would say follow your intuition, and do what you feel is right. I'm sure if you don't use it, that there is something else that your dr. may prescribe. Good luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• if you don't feel good using that cream try vinegar douching. it helsp correct the ph of your vagina and harmless in breast milk
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 1:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2009