Isn't this a dogs name?

marley? i have heard a few girls name this lately.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it's specific to a dog, although anyone named marley is going to be told repeatedly "that's my dog's name" for the rest of their life. My name is Brandi, which is apparently a popular name for dogs (great...thanks Dad), so I have been told more times than I can count that so and so has a dog named Brandy.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:35 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It is the name of a book person . LOL
    I think people thinkits a dog name because of that movie that came out what last year?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I have a great-niece who is 8 years old and her name is Marley and my son & his wife plan to name their daughter Marley. I don't think that it's a dogs name at all. There just happens to BE dogs named Marley. I have a dog named Daisy and another named Donatella but that doesn't mean that those names are just dogs names, there are people with those names.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• DH's friend (a male) is named Marley. I didn't know it was a girl's name... or a dog's, either.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 12:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think a lot of names you hear now days being used regularly are "dog" names.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2009