Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Putting father's name on birth certificate

can you get in trouble for putting a man's name on your kid's birth certificate if you both know he isn't the father?


Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • No, all the government cares is that there is some one willing to take the responsibilities of fatherhood. After this is done it is difficult for the man to get out of paternal responsibilities if looses interest or the real father steps up.

    In a situation where a man believes that this happened to a child that could be his, he can petition the court asking for a paternity test.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

  • I don't think so. But I don't think it would be right, to the real father... or the child when he/she grows up and sees it (knowing or not knowing the truth). and if you split up, it will be VERY hard for you get child support...

    Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 12:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

  • Knowingly putting false information on a government document? Umm...I'm not absolutely positive, but I'm going to guess that the answer is yes.

    Answer by Avarah at 1:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

Next question in General Parenting
should I feel bad.........?

Next question overall (Relationships)