What do you think of the year 2012?

What do you believe? do you think the rapture is going to happen around then? Do you think the world will explode and just, well, end? do you think it will be hitting the earth's atmosphere and we'll have to live underground for a few years? or do you think it's something people are over exaggerating?

Whatever you think, what are you going to do about it? how are you going to ensure you and your family's future?

I believe that the coming of the Lord is soon. although it may not be that year, or maybe it is that year and just not the day they say it's going to happen, but i'm going to get myself ready. because you just never know, can you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL... It's a silly hoax that someone ran with in order to scare the masses. It's just like Y2K.

Besides, there's no point in "getting ready". If something is going to happen, then it's going to happen whether you're prepared or not.

I guarantee you, the world will not "explode" on that day. That's silly. I don't believe in the rapture.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i think 2012 is a year that is three years from now. Do i think the world will end because the Mayans calendar stopped on that date. NO

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Oh, and the London Olympics are in 2012. The next presidential election is in 2012. I'll be 24 in 2012. My daughter will be 4 in 2012. My fiance will be 27 in 2012. (27, HOLY SHIT.)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Jesus said only the father knows when, and that he'll come as a thief in the night. How can we know when for sure?
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:36 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think I'll be at a University by then working on getting my Bachelors. That's what I think of 2012. I'm not letting an apocolypse stopping me damn it!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• yeah i'm going to go with no one will know when the rapture is coming. As far as preparation i'm doing nothing. If it's God's will for me to be blown up in the end of the world then that's what's going to happen regardless of careful planning. What makes you think that the end is near?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It's not God's will that anyone would be so called "blown to bits". But if you imagine and equate God to being unloving, caring, or compassionate, than I don't doubt that will be a likely outcome.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• That is the year I turn 40. Other than that I have not really thought much about it.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My daughter graduates high school that year. I told her not to bother with applying to colleges since the world will be ending anyway... j/k I don't think much about it. We do joke about not having to go to college though. Oh and my dh will turn 45 (dang we're old... well HE is at least).

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Who knows? I hope so because I'm getting tired of all the evil in the world. I'm always leery of anyone that sets exact dates though. I think we should live our lives as if it could be any day. Keep your house in order...the Bible says He will come as a thief in the night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2009