who else missed the Obama speech just because they were other things to do or because they were too busy being employed or a sahm?

just curious....I am a sahm and found myself to busy for tv today and forgot about the whole speech thing until now....now that I'm on cafemom that is, lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was at work and missed it...did he hypnotize the kids with false visions of the grandeur of Communism? Did he promote his political agendas? Justify the war? Indoctrinate children to toss aside the values of their families and turn into pinko socialists that are screaming at their parents to turn their checks over to the Gov to distribute at their will? Or...did he tell kids to work hard and stay in school? Hmmmm....
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Lol, I read it. It was fine. My kid came home, yelled how come I had to pay attention to the president, no one else did! On questioning she said, dude wants is to stay in school and wash our hands. Why did he keep talking about being a kid? He's old now! That was it. No lesson plan in class. And she only paid attention because I told her I wanted to know what she thought of it, lol!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Meh, I'm a SAHM and I could have watched it, but I didn't know what time it came on and where I could see it. It wasn't a big deal to me whatsoever though. I knew it would be harmless. I read part of it in someone's journal. It made me giggle.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I was out running errands here when it came on. It really wasn't top priority for me. My 6th grade daughter had the option to watch it at lunch time in another room, but she missed most of it. She said it was long and boring.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I can NOT beleive the parents that have thrown such a fit over this that the children were denied the oppurtunity to hear what THEIR President had to say. Its so stupid. Just because he is not who you voted for, does not mean that your children arent witnessing history. You are denying them of it because you dont trust in your own parenting.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I watched it while I was working out at the Y. I thought it was a great speech, one of his better ones.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:35 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• that the children were denied the oppurtunity to hear what THEIR President had to say

Ya know, my son has the opportunity to hear what his president has to say any time he wants. We have a computer and the internet. His school left it up to each teacher to show the speech. Some did, some didn't. His class didn't because the teacher assessed that they wouldn't pay attention and had better things to do, like their scheduled lesson plan. It had nothing to do with complaints. When he got home, I asked him if he wanted to see it, he said no. He still has the opportunity. He could watch it right this second, if he wanted. He'd rather watch Martha Speaks until it's time for school. It has the same message. So does Arthur, and his parents, and his aunts and uncles, and his teacher...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Ya know, my son has the opportunity to hear what his president has to say any time he wants.

Especially since Obama has had MORE speeches than days in office."Tuesday's address was the 263rd speech or set of remarks delivered by President Obama since he took office only 231 days ago -- that's 32 more speeches than days he's served. "

Sidebar:  You would think if the man can speak 28 (soon to be 29) times on Health Care, he could some sort of detailed message across.... Yet.. He is LACKING...(But if you include all remarks in which he mentioned health care reform that number jumps to 121.)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Seeing as how he loves himself, and loves to be in front of the camera...pretty much daily. I am sure that since I missed it too, he'll be giving another one at any moment now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I missed it mainly because I just didn't give a flying flip! Had no desire whatsoever to watch it,and from what I've heard, I didn't miss much.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 9, 2009