For Moms with step kids.

Do you feel the same about your step kid as you do for you real children?
Would you be killed in order to save the life as your step child?
If your husband told you that he would think twice about being killed in order to safe your child, but you know you would die to save his, would you be upset?
Please try to answer all the questions..

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 1:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• i would die saving any kid i would rather my childeren know that i died saving a child unselfishly rather than being a cowered and watching that child die i could never face my kids if i sat back and watch a incent dies when there was something i could of done to prevent it
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:31 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Do i feel the same...................not really, i love my step son but i accept that i can never be his mommy while on the other hand my son is the reason that i breathe. Would i be killed to save my step son............no. If he lives he will still have his mommy and my son will not have a mommy though i will try to save my step son. I'm honest about that and so i don't expect my husband to get killed in order to save my son.Even if he said he would get killed to save my son for my sake.
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 1:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• well i have a step son we had some issues in the past but i like him... but i'm pregnant right now and i'm so happy and i know i'm gonna love my baby more than anything!! No i wouldnt because i have my family & my new born.... the only people i would die for is my husband, my children, and my blood family... to tell you the truth i think my husband will to the same for me and our baby. and hick yes i would be upset!!! but did you have your child with him? well i guess these are things we shouldn't be thinking about it just gets us a little mad..
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 10:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I love my SD, but I have to admit it is not in quite the same way that I love my own kids. I do love her, both just for who she is and also because she is like this littler, girly version of my DH, and I treat her like my own, but there is a different kind of connection I have with my biokids than I do with her.

I would risk my life to save her.

I try not to have those kinds of hypothetical conversations with my DH. It will likely never, ever happen, and if he does give the wrong answer it could really piss me off. So I don't even go there LOL...
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2009