Can someone explain to me about the Safeway Fuel Power Pump Rewards?

Okay so the nearest Safeway with a gas station is 2 hours away so I want to find out before we drive out there. We have 96 dollars towards our rewards. Now does that mean that we can get 96 dollars of gas? Or is it only a percentage?
How does it work? We have asked people from our store but they never give us a real answer.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 1:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I looked it up online for you. For every $100 you spend you get 10 cents off per gallon so when you spend another $4 you'll get 10 cents off per gallon. I like our store better. We get 10 cents off for every $50 we spend at Giant Eagle. That's a much better deal.

Here's what I found online for you.

The Power Pump Rewards program offers 10 cents off every gallon when you spend $100 in the store (after club/coupon savings). No matter what the Safeway customer will save 3 cents a gallon with the use of a club card or phone number. –Purchases of products such as alcohol, tobacco, pharmaceuticals and lottery tickets do not count towards the program.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I really can't believe you'd think you'd have $96 off of gas. What store is going to give someone $96 in free gas?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Anon is right. It's 10 cents off per gallon for every $100 you spend. You have to use the rewards you have by the end of each quarter. So say you spent a total of $300 at Safeway over a couple of months. You will have earned that 10 cents off per gallon 3 times so to speak. It will ask you when you fill up if you want to use your rewards. However, if you don't use those rewards by a certain time then you lose it. At least that's the way it works here. You do however, get 3 cents off all the time. Those kind of programs really only benefit those people who live in an area with several stations. Here I have a Safeway gas station 10 min from me and one 20 min from me. The one 20 min away is close to our church so sometimes I get gas there. I used King Soopers gas rewards 'cuz the station is right down the street. If you have to drive that far it's probably not worth it.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Weird...we don't shop at Safeway at all, but we use the Rewards Card and get cheaper gas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2009