what would you do?

I am so upset. my bro-in-law is getting married. I know that is nothing to be mad about. let me explain. Me and my husband fell in love and got married. I come from a diff back ground and so does he. His family didn't take well to this change and since then have been coercing their younger son (my bro in law) to get married in their religion. I am so upset because even though I have been bending over backwards to make these ingrates happy they will still make me miserable when my bro in law gets a girl from their reiligion. Knowing my in laws they will comment on everything as to how she is perfect and I am not. My husband doesnt give a crap about his family but i do because he does not realize it but everyone needs family and a sense of belonging. I am very close to my family and I want the same for him. He told me to forget it but I just cant let go. Help..what should I do to get ove r the anger and hatred.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Understand that you hold the power over whether your in-laws treatment of you makes you miserable or not. I recommend you not react to it negatively. Don't try to be superwoman, to gain their favor. Remember that you married their son, not them. Live your life in a way you can be proud of. If they choose not to be proud of you for it, that reflects on them, not you.

Of course it's easier to say than do, but you are the one who will benefit if you try. Good luck.
    wildtamer

Answer by wildtamer at 3:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You probably do need to let it go. It seems you're way more upset then your husband & its HIS family. If he doesnt give a crap, then why should you? Some people arent close to their families. I'm not. I'd get irratated if my spouse kept pushing me to be closer. We just aren't & never will be. Did you ever stop to realize that YOU & your children are his family now? That is how I look at it w/ my life. My husband & our children are my family. THey are who I belong to. NOt those jerky people I grew up with who do nothing but gossip & lie about each other!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Sep. 9, 2009