Anyone elses baby do this at night?

My 5 month old doe sleep at night..sometimes he will sleep from 9 or 10 until 8 or 9 the next morning, but then there are the mornings he is up at 5 or 6....but lately he has been waking up more frequently at night and he will start babbling and he slams his feet against the mattress..over and over. It is so loud, and we live with my parents so I am up all night long. I feel im going to go crazy If I do not get some good sleep for more than 1 night a week....I am so tired some days that I am awaiting his naps, which are so short I can barely fall asleep during the day....and I do not feel up to company. I have no desire to have family come see my baby n I think they are starting to find me really odd and b*tchy but I am tired, and moody! I dont think there is any way to stop my son from doing this, he eats 32 ounces a day, has started cereal but not that into it so I dont force it....and he goes back to sleep most times

soveryconfused

Asked by soveryconfused at 2:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• on his own...but im just wondering if this is normal for his age? and I also have such a hard time falling asleep bc I am stressed that I will not be able to fall asleep, or get woken up so many times, i have anxiety about being tired the next day, its a vicious cycle. I rarely can get 4 solid hours and thats when hes sleeping good. I am hesitant to try a herbal sleep type pill bc I dont want to be knocked out too much that I wouldnt wake if something was going on. I dont know what to do.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 2:16 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• oh and the reason I said we live with my parents is that i share a room with my son so I cannot just go to bed..his crib is in the same room hence being woken up when he wakes. I realize babies wake up but the slamming thing and talking loudly ....?
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 2:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My baby did/does the same thing. She's 11 months old now. Is he teething? That's when she started doing stuff like that at around 3 months. It just got worse around 5 and then she finally got 2 teeth at 6 months. Now she still does it, but only when she's getting more teeth (she just got 5 new ones, 4 at one time) and has three or four more coming in.

Try adding some juice to the cereal. Just a LITTLE bit, though. Just enough to add a little flavor. (Have you tasted the baby ceral? It's disgusting.) If you're giving him rice, try oatmeal. My daughter HATED the rice and refused to eat it, but would take a couple of bites of the oatmeal. She really didn't start eating baby food much until I started giving her fruits and veggies at about 5.5-6 months. She ate a lot more of those than the cereal.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:37 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My DD did things like that right before she reached a milestone. One night she was trying to crawl in her sleep, and whacked her head into the crib! Or, I agree with Mrs.BAT it could be teething. Anyways. Give it a week, and see if things change. My DDs nighttime "playdates" typically ended after a week (well, until the next milestone lol).
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2009