Does the heartrate predict gender?

I have heard that the heartrate has to do with the gender. Does anyone believe this? I had an U/S today and I'm 8 weeks. The HB was 167 bpm.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no. its an old wives tale.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Nope if that was the case all my boys would be girls.
    jenzachsam

Answer by jenzachsam at 2:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Absolutely not ... sorry
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I believe it my sons heartbeat was 143 through my entire pregnancy and all my friends that have had boys all of their heartbeats were below 150 and all my friends that have had girls their heartbeats were in the high 150s-160s!
    Landynsmom62609

Answer by Landynsmom62609 at 4:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I dont believe it. My sons heartbeat was and has been 154 or higher and he is definitly a boy! It's just an ol wives tale like one of the other mothers said.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:18 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think it is something fun to think about till you know, but I would not use it as my sole reasoning on the sex of my kid! But I think those things are fun!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When I was in labor at the hospital the nurse checked the baby's heratbeat and since it was so fast, she told me I was having a boy. It came out true. I did not want to know the sex of the baby. It was a big surprise but that old wives tale was true for me.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Not at all! I had boy/girl twins and they were within just a few beats of each other pretty much all the time! I would sit on the monitor for the last few visits and you would watch their heartrates pretty much mirror the other's. It was great, but it definitely told me that was not a way to judge the gender!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 8:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My providers have all said it was an old wives tale. And I believe them. All my babies had "girl" heartrates, and only one was a girl.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think it's an old wives tale. Chris had a fast heart beat and this one has a slow heart beat and is a boy (or so the ultrasound says). If you are waiting to find out (we did with Chris) then enjoy the old wives tales and have fun predicting. . . maybe start a betting pool with delivery dates and gender. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009