Personal Question Possibly TMI

I kind of have a personal question to ask that is very embarrassing. Seeing as how I am pregnant I keep getting yeast infections, I never get them when I am not pregnant, but they keep coming back I use Monistat and it goes away about 2 days later it comes back. Is there anything stronger than OTC things or anything at all I can use to take care of it for good? The itching is driving me crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Health

• Are you 100% sure it's a yeast infection? I ask that because sometimes the symptoms (itching) can be that of Bacterial Vaginosis as well as a yeast infection. I had this during my last pregnancy. I did what you were doing, treating it with OTC products. I finally had my OB check it out. She did a wet mount slide and found it was bacteria and not yeast. I was given an antibiotic and it went away. Unfortunately, the OTC yeast meds are about all you will get for a yeast infection. You can buy a test at the drugstore that can tell you whether you have a bacterial or fungal infection to spare you a doctor trip.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• wow thamk you very much I will be sure to check that out, I had no idea I just had my 1st yeast infection not too long ago so I figured thats what it was
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It may also be related to your diet: eliminate processed sugars and wheat for a couple of weeks and see if this helps.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I had Bacterial Vaginosis infection when I was pregnant. Any time I had signs of getting a yeast infection or Bacterial Vaginosis infection I would go to my OB/GYN and she would give me some meds. The over the counter stuff does not work well and does not get rid of it for long. You can get it them if you take a bath..Setting in soapy water will cause them. Your laundry soap can also cause them. Your diet also can cause them too. I would go to the Doctor and get tested....You do not want to have an infection when you go into labor!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2009