everything is BLUE

DD is 22 mos, and we're working on colours. Everything is BLUE!! lol at first I got her to say, blue, purple, and green, but she insists its all blue. I do tell her the correct colour,a nd praise her when she gets blue right.

Same thing with hot! For the longest time, all of her food and drinks were hot. Now she knows cold.

Its just funny :~) Does anyone else's kid do this?

epoh

Asked by epoh at 7:30 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LMAO oh my yes.... everything was "wed" (red) with my oldest. It was that way until I bought a big ole set of shapes... finally he started getting it - red circle, blue square, yellow triangle, green rectangle - it's like they learn one concept at a time - until you make it complicated. LOL I love baby brains! Those were the best days!! Enjoy Momma - just eat it up. Soon these precious, unadulterated days will be behind you and you'll miss them.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• For us we haven't really developed in the color department--Everything with 4 legs and a tail is a "key" (kitty) or it is "pri" (pretty). Mine is 14 mos and I correct her all the time. No that is a giraffe not a kitty, or that is a dog not a kitty. This is so much fun and they are just into exploring everything.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I also can't get her to say the name of any animal, except for kitty. She knows the sounds that almost every animal makes (from cricket to zebra!) but she calls them by their sound. For example, a frog is a "hubba." (yah, when I ask her what a frog says, she says, "hubba, hubba!" lmao!!). or a dog is a "woof!" I know she knows their names, she just prefers their sounds :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Everything was Blue for my son too!! He's 22 months and he does know his colors but if I ask, What color jacket is mommy wearing, he gets this little grin on his face and says blue..... and I say WHAT all funny like and he will tell me the correct color- he's teasing me - its so cute!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My 18-month old knows "boo?", "wed?" and "lello?" (he gets it but he says everything like a question LOL). He called anything that was hot or cold "hot?" until the last month or so he understands the difference. And animals are all "titty?" or "buppy?" or "dutty?(duck) " but he knows the different sounds they make. Like he will see a cow and go "buppy? moooooo" LOL i love teaching him stuff he's so proud of himself.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 10:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• LMAO! YES!!!! Everything is red in this house! Well, she gets black, brown, white and pink right, but other than that, it's all red! Idk why she picked up on the weird colors first!!! She won't even attempt to say orange and she also likes the color yellow so if it's not red, it is yellow. She is 22 mos and we are working on it....lol
    As far as hot and cold, she picked that up QUICKLY after she got burned a couple months ago.
    Animals, my dd knows most of them. Dog she says "doggy! WOOF!" or "bear GRRRRR" and we have NO idea what sound a moose makes so she is always saying "MOOSE! WHERE ARE YOU!!?" LOL Kitty is "titty tat oooww!"
    lol they are soooo cute!! I absolutely LOVE this stage!! Her daddy comes home from Iraq soon after being gone 15 mos, he is going to have sooo much fun just talking to her!!! :)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• lmao!!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Both my oldest and youngest said every color was yellow. I would work on colors with them, but I didn't really correct them. It was cute, and it was a phase. They learned it eventually!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• that is really funny. . . for my son it is all Yellow. . . he knows the color but calles it yellow. . . you can ask him what color it really is and he will giggle and tell you yellow. . .then he says the right color with out prompting. . .it is funny in a way. . . I think he thinks it's a game. . . I'll tell him to bring me a green ball (we have a small ball pit with 50 balls) and he will bring me every color but green and laugh the whole darn time. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009