who takes care of u ( moms) when your sick, who takes care of dh or so when there sick?

i take care of my dh if hes sick. and make sure he gets what he needs ( cold cloth on head, barf bucket if needed, not to hot not to cold, soup. ) on top of careing for all the kids and keeping them quiet so dad can rest (hard with a 3 yr old lol ) BUT when im sick..im on my own, my oldest dd age 12 will try and help and quietly play with her brother, or my 2 sd's will help me ages 9 and 11. but dh...not so much, he wont even leave work at a reasonable time to help me with dinner and kids bedtime. he will get home after there in bed. but will say i stoped at the store bought u ibprofin ( which we always have so..nice try ) i have said u wait one day your sick and i will have u watch all the kids and clean make dinner..see how u do.. but i never do..arrgghh..guess im a softy..so ladies does yours help u? who takes care of u?

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• HUN, THIS HERE SCENARIO I THINK IS PRETTY MUCH UNIVERSAL! MOMS ARE WONDER WOMAN!! NOT ALLOWED TO GET SICK, BUT WE DO! I GOT TO SAY THAT AS I HAVE GOTTEN OLDER THE SITUATION HAS GOTTEN BETTER, BUT NO ONE CAN MAKE DINNER LIKE MOM OR FIND A LOST ITEM LIKE MOM ETC, THIS IS THEIR EXCUSE TO GET YOU TO DO THINGS WHEN YOU ARE SICK. IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER WE DO IT OUT OF LOVE AND ROUTINE, OR ELSE IT DOESN'T GET DONE.
    THEN YOU GET THIS WHEN HUBBY GETS SICK, "OH NO YOU COULDN'T HAVE POSSIBLY FELT THIS BAD WHEN YOU WERE SICK, I THINK I AM DIEYING!" MOANS AND GROANS!!!
    YES OUR SPECIES HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE SPARED OF SICKNESS, SINCE WE KNOW WE ARE IRREPLACABLE ! BUT IT MUST BE NICE TO BE NURTURED DON'T YOU THINK??

Answer by older at 8:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• DH takes great care of me when I'm sick. He's been known to take a day off work, drive me to the doc, fill my prescriptions and then mother me for the rest of the day. And I take the same care of him - just rubbed his head for an hour last night because he had a headache.
    My ex didn't give a crap if I was sick - I could be laying on the couch with a high temp, spewing sputum all over with my horrible rasping coughs, sneezing horrifically with a red nose and body aches that made me groan just to turn over - and the jackass would come in, plop down and say "what's for dinner" or worse "how was YOUR day" and then "what for dinner" argh!!!!! I wanted to slam his head in the oven door when he did that. I once told him that he would have to make dinner - he made dinner alright - But just for himself! I still had to get up to make sure the boys got something to eat. I used to wish he'd get typhoid fever or something LOL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Thank god we dont' get sick much in my house. But when anyone does get sick...we take care of eachother. If I'm sick, it's fast food for dinner or pizza that my dh has picked up and fed to the kids. If dh is sick, I take care of him. Men are big babies when they are sick! lol
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I will have to agree with you OP when my DH gets sick it's like becomes one of the children. When i get sick i am supposed to be able to still take care of the kids, clean the house, and go to work. When he gets sick it's like he becomes this person that i have never seen before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It is rare when my hubs gets sick, but when he does he stays home and babies himself. He does make a production out of it- staying in bed, mentioning he is sick and uses 'sick' as an excuse for not keeping an eye on the kids so I can work, or as an excuse to not do anything around the house. Sometimes I will get him this/that, but for the most part he takes care of himself. When I am sick I don't have the 'luxury' of staying in bed or not doing anything. I still have to get up and get the kids going, do the housework , cook..... I'd love to be able to lounge in bed and say "i'm sick" and not have any responsibilites or do anything!
    If I am very sick then my mom or dad will help out with the kids (if I need them). So that is nice that at least my parents are there for me... cause god forbid hubs call in and take a day off work to help me!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My situation is similiar to yours. He will bring me medicine or juice. But i'm still responsible for preparing bottles and changing diapers. it's like that and that's the way it is.
    KiaNicole

Answer by KiaNicole at 9:38 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I care for him, he cares for me... when he can. He doesn't have a set time to go to work and leave really. He has to stay till he's done. So he does what he can, when he can.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I take care of every family member that gets sick, including myself. Although, when I'm seriously ill, my husband will take a day or 2 off to take care of me and take care of the kids. He's done it a few times now. Thankfully, I don't get sick very often.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When I am sick, mostly I just want to be left alone. DH is good about taking over 100% on the kids and housework etc when I am really sick. He likes to be pampered when he is sick, and I do that.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2009