How bad is alcohol toward the baby?

I think I might be pregnant but I just fear that my baby could miscarry or have FAS because I've drank a couple times. I'm not sure how long I could be because I've been taking the pill, but I have a feeling that I jus might be...

lamartre06

Asked by lamartre06 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well before i knew i was pregnant which must have been when i was about 4 weeks i got WASTED had no idea i was or even could get pregnant.. come to find out 2 weeks after the worst hangover ive ever had in my life i was 6 weeks preggo.. baby was just fine then and is perfectly healthy now but i'd go get myself checked and ask the ob about that though..
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 8:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Don't worry...your baby will be fine. I think the majority of the time, babies get FAS when the mother drinks to excess. I was a BIG drinker before I found out I was pregnant. I had a few glasses of wine on holidays and special occasions and drank two beers at a wedding...and my daughter is perfectly healthy. Now, if you get totally trashed almost everyday, I'd be worried. But if you are an occasional drinker, I wouldn't worry at all. Congrats!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 8:59 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When you find out you are pregnant, or if you think you are, stop drinking...don't freak out now that you have been drinking and might be pregnant. Make sure you let your obstetrician know that you are concerned, and they can keep an eye on things that might be an issue. These things happen. Just use common sense, and try not to beat yourself up for something you did in the past. Live for the future
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2009