Besides your children, What is the point in living anymore?

Had no clue where to put this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Life is beautiful, it depends what you make out of it. Children or no children there is always a good deed to be done, a smile to give away, a flower to smell, a sunrise to admire and a sunset to marvel at. Personal satisfaction and personal gratification can be found in many things.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Besides my children, I would say my husband. I live for my family! I love my life and wouldn't want it to go anywhere as long as I can help it! Live life to the fullest. Find happines and be happy.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• OP here: Thanks bebita that comment has just made me feel better. I really appreciate it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I feel this way often and I figure I just have to have hope for the future. My life is just me exsisting and living around my DH and my childrens lives at this point. I did go back to school 5 years ago and that helped my self esteem for a bit, but I have not been able to apply anything I learned in real life as of yet, and it does get tiresome. I just wish I would have surronded myself with better friends in the past because they all have deserted me now. I am a loney soul and it is hard to keep going everyday. But like you said, the kids, DH, and hope keep me going.
    Anonymous

• things do get better. trust me I know. You have to look for the better, may have to change where you work or find new friends, start going to church. You can find happiness.
    "life is like a roller coaster there are a lot of ups and downs" I love this saying.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:31 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It is very difficult to realize your 'meaning" in life when you live for ur kids and your husband. Church is a good answer, but it's not always the best...God can fill you up, but only if you look for him, and only if you ask him to. It doesn't always happen immediately. I started going to church when I started feeling that way..but my DH doesn't want to go with me and doesn't like the church, so it's more of a stressor than it is an uplifting thing. Do you live in a small community, or a large one? Depending on the social groups you have in your community, it might be difficult to get out and just join one. Is there an activity you could go do once a week, or a hobby you could start that might make you feel more productive? It is difficult to get through that type of depression. I have medication that helps me, but it doesn't do all of the work. HUGS...
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• That's a tough question. A few months ago I would've screamed "Nothing!" But now, I think I've found my calling in life. I want to go back to school to become an anthropologist. I want to study ancient cultures and give people voices that can no longer speak for themselves. You have to have something other than your kids that drives you, something to aspire to. Even if it's a new comforter set for your bed, a vacation, a new car, or a whole new career. You have to force yourself to keep going even when you don't want to go anymore.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Because I have a husband who loves me, a mother who loves me. A sister, a brother, father, grandparents, nephews, little cousins, aunts, and uncles that would still value my existence. I'm sure I have a few friends out there who would too. Not to mention, all the wonderful things I can still contribute to this world.

zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 10:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Other than my kids... my husband, my extended family, his extended family, I am lucky I have so many people who love me. But other than people...

I have found that it helps me if every day, I make a point to find peace. If I take the time, to look at a beautiful sunrise or sunset, a tree that's leaves are starting to change, a beautiful flower. I love finding the beauty in life.

For mother's day, my husband got me a Thomas Kinkade book, since we couldn't shell out a few thousand dollars for a painting. :) And I've been reading it. In it, he said that creating a space in your world where you can find complete peace, will really make your life better. Just take a moment to relax and feel completely peaceful.

It really helps me to feel peaceful for a part of each day.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Because life is beautiful and I'm not suicidal kids or not. If your life is not going as you planned, then change it. YOU must change it, it's not going to change itself then you fall into it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2009