Doubting my ability...

I'm now 30 weeks & starting to get freaked out again about this whole baby business. Not so freaked about labor, more knowing what to do when i am in labor. I'm horrified now that something is going to happen to my baby & I won't ever get to meet her. And that I won't be strong enough to get her out. And that I'll have no idea what to do with her once she's here. I really can't take all this freaking out, I have too much going on to lose my head. Is all this fear normal? I was fine with all of this up until a few days ago, now I can't wrap my head around any of it!!!

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 9:16 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you are being paranoid. lol i did it too. dont worry! your body knows what it needs to do-you will be taken care of if anything does happen (which it probably wont). are you having your baby in the hospital? if you are, they deal with things like that everyday. they are going to take care of you and your baby. try not to worry
    *just wondering-is this your first?
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• haha, i know i'm being paranoid, but i can't get any of this crap outta my head! and i'm just kind of in shock that i'm going to have a baby...yes, this is my first.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i was in shock too! i only have one. lol. i remember i was fine with being pregnant until i actually thought about how the baby got out lol. then i freaked out. i dont know why it took me so long to think about that-i was quite a few months along. then i freaked out about the same stuff. you and your baby will be fine :) when you start getting freaked out-think about what i told you in the first comment. they will be prepared for anything.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I had those same fears with my son! It's okay, try to breath a little! My last doctors appointment before I had him I didn't seem to realize how real it all was until the doctor told me that he wanted me in the hospital the next morning at 7am. I went from sitting there smiling on the exam table to seeing stars when I woke up layin back on it!!! He told me it was normal, but I cried all afternoon and evening and didn't sleep a wink that night because I was a ball of nerves!!! lol But it will be okay! You don't really know what's going to happen til it happens, that's the really scarry part! Good luck and congrats!!! :)
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• but will i know if something bad happens to her? i know this sounds awful, but i'm so terrified of her dying inside of me and me just not knowing or something...
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:29 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We all have our doubts. It's normal. I assume you will deliver in a hospital. If so, they are prepared for any thing that could possibly happen. And they will do everything they can if a problem arises. This is a good thing compared to ages ago where you just had to leave it to chance. Once baby is here you will adjust. It is kind of a trip at first when you're asleep and you hear crying and go "oh yeah, there's another person here." It will be fine. just know that it's perfectly normal.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• its one of those things that happens. im not going to lie to you. but the chances of her being healthy is higher. you should mention these things to your dr because he can give you stats and stuff. keep counting her kicks and movement. toward the end though, she wont have as much room to move so keep that in mind. mention these things at your next appointment so your dr can check her and ease your mind
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I was terrified when I was pregnant with my first. I would ask my husband why he let me get pregnant when it was obvious I would be a terrible mom! LOL I am an awesome mom. However it is natural to worry. It is how we deal with all the changes and come to terms with the fact that this baby is really coming. I am only 8 weeks along and I question whether I will have the energy to take care of this one up in the night when I am in my thirties. However when it comes right down to it I know I can do it. So can you!
    stassy77

Answer by stassy77 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2009