How do you deal with PAINFUL cycles?

I suffer from TERRIBLE back cramping each month. The ONLY thing that gives me somewhat "pain free" cycles is being on birth control. I have been off BC for 2 years now, my husband and I have been TTC #2. We were successful just 6 months ago and I had a m/c. How can I combat my painful cycles while TTC?

EBeauty03

Asked by EBeauty03 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• heating pad tylenol or motrin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• 800mgs of motrin might take the edge off
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:43 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• does..midol not work for u...i have really horrible cramps too and when i was on bc it helped out a whole lot...and now that i am ttc they are really bad now...but i just take tylenol, midol,etc and that usually helps
    vtyler6203

Answer by vtyler6203 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• heating pad....
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Maybe I should have clarified...for about a WEEK (sometimes more or less) I LIVE on midol, I HAVE to take a dose every 5-6 hours or I'm doubled over in pain...and at night I have to take midol PM or I get zero sleep.

Besides being plugged into a heating pad all day is there any hope for relief?
    EBeauty03

Answer by EBeauty03 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Tell your doctor. I have a prescription for heavy bleeding and cramps, but it's not actually designed for it, but it works. It's late now, but I will grab the name of it in the morning and post it. It's really made my week of pain a lot more tolerable. At least now I don't feel like I need to curl in the fetal positiion and cry. I never had luck with heating pads or midol, however when I was younger I would take naproxen everyday for 3 days BEFORE my period. It sounds stupid, but it helped. Unfortunately my cycles were always off, so very rarely did I get to use it, but it might help you.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 3:29 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Ok so what I take is Meclofen SOD 100 mg capsules I believe it's for arthritis inflammation, but it has worked well for me. However, if you are pregnant and like some people, have a period, then it can cause problems. It is safe though, if you are trying to get pregnant, it won't cause any issues like that.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 2:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2009