Girl Problem...Maybe TMI

I had a yeast infection about a month ago...now it is back. Could this be from SO passing it back to me? he has had no problems but I have never gotten these much and I was wondering if he needs treated too? What do they do for guys? Is there any other reason I would get 2 in a row?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Health

• You both need to get treated for it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I agree with Jademom07, I will say that if you have started a new birth control pill it could be an adverse reaction. My sister had that problem. She was getting it repeatedly after both her and her partner were treated. They finally figured out it was caused by the new pill she was on.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I would call your doctor, but you both should get treated for yeast infection. Same if you are nursing, the baby needs to be treated as well.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 10:09 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• its rare for a guy to get it.. it may be something more then u think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When dh had a yeast infection we sprayed it with Lotrim (the athlete's foot spray) Our dr said we could rather than trying an expensive precsription first. It took a few days but it cleared up. And I refused to have sex with him until it had been completely gone for a few days because I didn't want to get one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If a guy is uncircumcised it is actually very likely that he will get it. If he is circumcised, the chance is significantly lower, but it is still very possible. If you continue to have sex while you are being treated for the infection, it is very likely that he can pass it back to you while exhibiting no symptoms himself.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2009