If you were TTC and got pregnant, what did you do differently the month you conceived?

And how long were you trying for a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• we werent officially ttc but when i got pregnant, i had forgotten to get my bc shot and he didnt wear a condom. lol. worked for us!
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We were trying for a little over a year when I conceived in July. I started to take my bbt temp and I actually had my doctor look at the charts to see if my cycles were normal..I also made a notation of when we had sex so my ob could see that as well. Check out www.mymonthlycycles.com you can print charts from there.

My ob told us to try every other day and then the day of ovulation and the day after. I also purchased a fertility monitor off of ebay and that helped so much more then your typical ovulation sticks. Relax and try to think of something other then conceiving...like I started to think about planning a family trip to Disney to occupied my mind. Good luck. Lots of baby dust!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I stopped taking BC.

Answer by louise2 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I ditched the BC in July of 05, got pg in early may 06. I wouldn't say we tried diligently every single month, but we were trying... I got pg the night we got drunk as skunks and hung from the chandelier, so to speak... lol. Forgot all about baby making and just got down and dirty and had some fun.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• oops, my dates are wrong there, should be july 03 and may 04.... not that it really matters...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i learned about lifting my bottom up after sex for 30 mins. i had sex from the time i ended my period up until 5 days after i ovulated..i have been trying for almost a year and when i did this, i got pregnant. i am now almost 14 weeks along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I was on fertility drugs and when they checked me that month they said I hadn't ovulated, so we just had sex for fun and didn't worry about it. Then SURPRISE, I got pregnant. So it really is true when people say not to try so hard, or to think about it all the time, which I know is hard to tell someone, but it worked for us.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We stopped trying. My husband was leaving on a deployment and I wanted to try and lose some weight so we stopped trying and went back to using condoms and not having sex to close to ovulation. We thought that maybe we weren't getting pregnant because I am 20lbs overweight, but I'm prefectly healthy otherwise. We stopped trying and then I found out a month after he left that we were pregnant. It was so wonderful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The one thing that always "worked" to get pg was to make sure there was no oral before we DTD. Apparently my husband's saliva tends to kill sperm, or at least doesn't let them get to the egg. We TTC for 6mos, 8mos, 13mos, and then had an oops!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Bah, we'd been trying for about a year. I charted religously, watched my health, knew exactly when ovulation happened, and wore my husband out with sex.

When we decided to give it a halt for the winter holidays we had sex ONCE and I ovulated atypically early the day before Christmas Eve.

Sheesh.

Nature..she has a sense of humor.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009