I had an job Interview on the 4th and I know I was going to get the Job and all but..

They asked me to sign a paper for a back round check, and I singed it. So my question is about 6 months ago I got into a fight and I had to go to court for assault and battery and I went to court and all and they dropped the case, Would they be able to see this when they check my back round?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• If the case was dropped I wouldn't think it would be on there since you weren't charged with anything, but even if it is I don't think you would not get the job because of that since you weren't charged with anything.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't know, I would be honest with them if it comes up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• yes - i've seen a background check on someone and the arrest was on there even though the charges were dropped. But be honest with them if they contact you to ask about it.

Answer by missanc at 10:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If you want to know, go down to the jail and pick up your own background report. In GA its only $10. My DH had to go to court over something stupid(his friend did insurance fraud and my DH knew about it and didn't turn his friend in so he got in trouble as insurance fraud too), but luckily when my DH picked up his background report it didn't make it on there. We could tell the judge felt sorry for him.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• In this world TODAY, most everyone has something on their background check. Whether its a bankruptcy, whatever. Some employers overlook certain things depending what it is, how long ago it was, and how the situation has changed. If they bring it up, be honest...admit and face up to it, but most importantly...TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT....they will see that you recognize what you have done was wrong...this shows them that its in your PAST, and its not who you are NOW.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I am guessing that's why they are not calling me. I will tell them but only if they ask. I do take full responsibility for my actions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• No background checks :)

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009