NURSES??

Are there any nurses out there who are terrified to work in a med-surg unit? The reason I ask is ....I have only peds experience and I have been offered a job on a med-surg unit...I am terrified!

hw1977

Asked by hw1977 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• When I get my RN I want to either work in L&D or E.R. or Surgery. It excites me, not terrifies me.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i do peds too i think anything outside of that would scare me some, but geriatrics terrifies me most
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• HA! i hated peds or anything to do with OB-Gyn, loved geriatrics. it's different for everyone. i would recommend getting the med-surg floor experience under your belt and see how it goes. you might like it and you'll get it over with and be more comfortable with your next duty change.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2009