Does anyone believe in paying for their own food and paying for their child formula?

I was in the store yesterday. I see a women with 2 kids and the kids was so dirty. the older child was in dirty clothes and no shoe. I was behind her in the line. She paid for the formula with WIC and handed the clerk a food stamp card. are you kidding me,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• can i ask why all of these ppl who are responding who have wic and fs have the internet? Seems like you wouldnt have the $ for a comp if you cant afford food??

I'm at work, like many others I am sure. This is ridiculous.

AJsMomma

Answer by AJsMomma at 12:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I guess you have no idea what it's like to lose your job or home, or worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• What's your point?
    Anonymous

• Yes I do and if I couldn't then I would NOT be ashamed to use WIC or PA. Unless you personally know their situation, you shouldn't judge
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Have you no compassion?

Some women don't have it all, and you are no better than the moms who CAN'T afford all that you have.
    Go do some charity work with womens shelters, or simply stop to talk to the moms who you are so offended by and you might learn to be more understanding.

Be thankful for what you have and don't look down upon those who NEED help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• ...ur ignorant.. i have wic and foodstamps.. but my kids are always clean and always have shoes on. u dont know what goes on in anyones life. u dont know what happen to her if she lost her job or if her husband lost his job or what.... i lost my job and tried to find another one and b4 i could i found out i was pregnant and i havent found a job since and go figure im a single mother struggling.. dont judge ppl u asshole
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• do you kno her situation? my man didn't have a job for 8 months, our family had to help us pay our bills. we have FS and wic still because even though he has a job its only 7.55 a hr. but at least we can pay our own rent and bills but we couldn't make it without the FS and WIC
    Anonymous

• wtf is your deal lady? you think you have it better than anyone else? if it were me i would of helped her out some how. your mean. your ignorant rotten!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• it was probably you at the checkout counter with the 2 filthy kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• eye rolling Does someone want attention today?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2009