books for baby..whats your favorite?? Tell me all of em :)

Looking for a good book to get my girlfriends baby...she wants books to start her library. Tell me your favorites.
Thanks guys!

san-1

Asked by san-1 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Corduroy, Going to sleep on the farm, Where the wild things are, Mrs. Mooley, Any of the Dr. Seuss books. There are so many.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• all of the dr suess & disney books
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We love the classic Good Night Moon, all the Frances books, Swimmy, Cordouroy, Velveteen Rabbit, the Berenstain Bears, all the Olivia books, Dr Seuss, The Jolly Postman, Kisses for Daddy, my girls probably have 200 books.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Eric Carle books are cute, and the art is really interesting too. (He's the author of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The Runaway Bunny!! It's the sweetest book ever. I actually have a tattoo of a picture from the book :)
    Also I got these books about a little chick. C is for Coco, and Coco Counts.
    They are so cute
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Brown Bear Brown Bear by Eric Carle is his favorite - very simple, large, colorful pictures. He also likes Polar Bear, Polar Bear; Jamberry, Goodnight Moon, and The Going to Bed Book. As they get older, Dr. Seuss (In A People House was a favorite of my older kids) is always fun along with some of the longer Eric Carle books (A Shell for Hermit Crab)

Answer by missanc at 11:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We are working on getting all of the Dr.Seuss books for our children the rhyming is really interesting to them when they are babies. We also have I love you stinky face, goodnight moon, and two really big books called I love you mommy and I love you daddy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Pat the Cat or Pat the Bunny
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009