Who is the best home warranty company?

cassluppens

Asked by cassluppens at 10:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I really like Old Republic when I had them. They may be different now. That was 3 years ago. I have AHS now and do not like them. They always tend to find a reason not to pay for something. Even if its covered. Just my opinion though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We had AHS, and we didn't renew this year. They did cover 2 minor things for us (sump pump and faulty safety switch on our furnace), but like the PP said, they find reasons NOT to cover things. For instance, our sump pump broke, and while they would replace the pump itself, they wouldn't cover the new connections or the one-way valve. If we didn't pay for the things AHS didn't cover, it would have voided the warrenty from the manufacturer and AHS would have denied any future repairs to it, too. So we paid more for the coverage than they paid for the repairs that were made, and then we paid the $60 "service fee" for each incidence, plus almost $180 more for the things they didn't cover for the sump pump repair. I definately would NOT reccommend them!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 11:31 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think we have AHS ourselves. Yeah wouldn't recommend them.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We have Old Republic and LOVE them. All of the companies say that they love them also. We have NEVER had an issue with them covering something. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009