How much should a 6 month eat ?

My daughter LOVES to eat. She still breastfeeds every 2 hours but also has cereal and half a jar of 2nd stage fruits in the morning. Fruit and veggie at night. Should I start feeding her lunch ?

babynorris

Asked by babynorris at 10:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well my daughter also breastfeeds at least every 2 hours. I give her cereal in the morning, sometimes with fruit.
    Then I give about a half jar(I make my own, so it's probobly a bit less than half a jar) at lunch, and sometimes a half jar for dinner if she's up to it. Sometimes she is and sometimes she isn't.
    I don't think it would hurt to offer it. As long as she is still nursing lots!
    My doctor said to 'work up to 3 meals a day'. I dont know if he meant over the course of afew months or what lol....I should have asked.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I have been wondering the same thing! my daughter is gonna be 6mths old at the end of the month and she eats stage 2 fruit and 4oz milk bottle in the am, lunch time stage 2 fruit and veggie with a juice bottle, and between lunch and supper she takes a milk bottle, then at supper she eats veggie and fruit! but i know that sounds like a lot but shes not over weight but i just feel like im over feeding her!!
    calliesmama09

Answer by calliesmama09 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think as long as she's still nursing on demand, when you offer solid foods she can have as much as she wants if it's something healthy and age appropriate.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2009