How often do you bribe you child?

Do you feel bad? What do you get them to do for the bribe? ( eat dinner, potty, clean up there mess)

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 11:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hey I was a big believer in bribes..lol When my dd was little I would do charts, and for every thing on the chart she did, she got a star. At the end of the week, if she had all her stars she got to pick what or where we went for dinner and she got to buy a new toy, outfit, or book. Oddly enough she would pick the book or outfit. When she got older, she would get to pick from the above or money to save. Now as a teen, she has chores and gets allowance, $20 a week, half goes to savings and other half she can spend. I say if it works, don't change it and it teaches her a lesson.
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 11:27 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't bribe. Well I guess i do...they if they don't do what they are asked, she gets time-out so the bribe is no time out if she complies.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Once in a while, in a good way though. My youngest one probably is the one getting it the most. Oh, well,,,
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 11:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I too, use incentives (OK, bribes) with my 16 year old Down Syndrome girl.  It's very similiar as to what you would do for a young child.  If she gets 5 faces (they are drawn to look like her ) we will go to the drive-in at McDonalds for a hamburger- which she says and signs beautifully.  The stipulation is that she behaves herself at the kitchen table -no throwing food, no banging the table,no getting smart with me (this child is very INTELLIGENT and MANIPULATIVE).  When things go positively-it is a victory for both of us.  When it doesn't I am consistent and start all over with her. The payoff is we've gotten closer, communication is more two-sided and I have my sweet pea back!!!!!

VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 1:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009