Anyone TTC/now or before use the Shettles method?

And if so did you get what you were trying for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• what is the shettles method?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• OP here...
    Shettles method is the concept of timing sex and ovulation in order to achieve either a boy or girl. This is based on the assumption that male sperm are faster but do not live as long as female sperm, so if you wanted a boy, theoretically you would need to have sex right around the time you ovulate, and if you want a girl you would BD further away from ovulation. There is more to it than that, and I ordered the book a few days ago, so I was just curious if anyone had tried this method before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yes, I did...no, it didn't work.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I tried, sort of, last time to have a boy. I did ovulation predictors and when I got a positive, we waited about 10-12 hours, maybe not long enough, and we got a girl. The only part we tried was the timing.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• we tried it when TTC our second DD. We were trying for a boy, so obviously it didn't work. We are now TTC baby #3, so we'll see!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2009