Once your teen got their learner's permit, how long did they have to wait to get their license?

We are doing the parent taught course. My 15 year old got his learner's permit on August 26th. He will be 16 on November 7th,and can get his license on February 23rd,which he is of course,counting down to. He got in just under the line,because the lady at the DMV told us Sept. 1st, Texas had a new law that says they have to wait a year,instead of 6 months. I'm just interested to see what other states do.

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• They have to be 16 and completed drivers ed. I had my learns permit for 4 months and then had my licence. That's VT

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I got mine at middle of my 15th year and then waited 6months(i was 16 at the time) then got my lic.they have to be 16 unless their is some special circ
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Here where I live you have to have your learners permit for a year (and completed drivers ed) before you can get your provisional license.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009