Are you a mom that is stuck up natural's butt?

I am apart of another forum. I am personally friends with alot of the moms on there. I am soooo irritated when the moms bash any other way besides there own. And I am the one that is closeminded!?!? I am sooo sick of the homebirth's trying to proove something? I am all about having my baby at a hospital, with the caretaker I choose and feel comfortable with. I think they are giving bad examples to other moms, that can't have that, and they are inspired and then something bad happens. Especially the ones that are single with no support so they look to the site for THAT support. Then the influence they inhibit towards u/s, formula, organic, and there way of parenting.ugh! I have a friend who is going to try this home birth thing....she had a perfect hospital birth the 1st time, so why this the 2nd time?? NOW she is 2nd guessing an ultrasound!!?!??!? Sound waves will not harm your baby, what gives??!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you being hormonal? I had both of mine at the hospital, and had friends that had theirs in various manners. They don't hold it over me, by my choice, I don't either with theirs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Well I usually just ignore those types, if they want home births, that's great, kudo's to them, but I know that it doesn't make them a better mom or a better person and it doesn't mean they love their children more than moms who have hospital births, some people just need to feel superior to others, why?? I have no idea.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:30 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Just b/c they choose to do something and had a great experience, doesn't mean any other mom is doing things wrong by having an epidural or being in the hospital, the experience is special either way. They need to get over themselves, they are full of crap, and stop baggering other moms ways, (unless they are harmfull or just idiotic)....
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It sounds like you are also pretty judgemental of your friend's choice to have a home birth. I tend to be more on the natural living side of things myself because of my own beliefs, but I don't care what other people do. To each their own.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• no, i am not pregnant. i am just ticked, because my friend is 2nd guessing an u/s because she has been under the impression that it's harmful from all of these natural mommas!!! ugh, why don't they turn off their electricity not shower for a week and live like a pioneer woman should....just venting :) would LOVE to vent there, but i have a reputation to stand up to, since I know so many moms on the forum....I just wanted some support or enlightment
    Mommytomysugars

Answer by Mommytomysugars at 11:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Well the thing with U/S is that unless there is an issue they aren't really needed, it's sad that your friend is being told to believe that it will harm her baby, but in all honesty it's not always a nessesary procedure
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:36 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my 3rd and considered having a home birth. I had my first one at the hospital and absolutely refuse unless necessary to do that again. My 2nd I had with a wonderful midwife at a birth center but she has since went elsewhere. The "what ifs" is the reason why I decided to have this one at a birthing center also. In case of an emergency I want someone there who knows exactly what they are doing and are equipped (don't know if I spelled that right, sorry) to deal with emergencies. My hubby was never in favor of a home birth and we discussed the pros and cons of EVERY choice we had. That was one he wasn't comfortable with and when he told me about the "what ifs" I decided that I wasn't either. There is just too much that can go wrong. Thats just me though. I don't really care what someone else chooses to do but I get where your coming from.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Everyone has different parenting styles and the way they handle their pre-natal care. I believe what is right for one family may not be right for another. That is what makes the world such an interesting place......variety. Otherwise i think it would be boring. There are many mommies at our church who choose to have a midwife. That is not my choice and i used to feel inferior because i choose to give birth in a hosp with all 3 of my children. The moms didn't judge me though, i was judging myself. I know some moms that ordered re-usable,washable diapers on-line and i think that is great. I have learned things from other moms ways, but i still have my own parenting style. I keep an open mind and try not to judge other moms for their parenting style. I choose to breastfeed my 2nd 2 babies, but i am not ashamed that i FF my first son. No mom should be made to feel bad if they are doing the best that they know how.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Why do you care she has the right to choice what she wants. I had 6 hospital birth that I had no problems with. At the time I did not know of any home birth midwives, or I would of had all my babies at home. Why is expressing your opinion judgmental?

How are they giving a bad example of home birth?
    You choose to have your baby in a hospital they choose home birth. Just as you have that right they have the right to home birth.
    Why is that a problem for you?
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It sounds to me like you're doing the exact same thing. Who cares if you give birth at home or in a hospital? If you have an u/s or don't? Etc.

There are lots of studies to sway people either direction and it's every mother's right and obligation to research what is best for her and her baby.

I've had 3 normal births in hospitals and am due next week w/ my 4th (also, in a hospital). But I'd LOVE to have a homebirth in the future! No doctors prodding around where they aren't welcome!

Birth IS a natural thing, after all.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009