how did you feel the week AFTER giving birth?

I have heard some people are just fine 2 days later, ive heard other people even get a fever?? I know your breasts are going to hurt and that exhaustion is going to take over, but just wondering if it gets really bad?? I am due sept. 30th and we close on our house on October 5th! Im guessing i wont be able to do much?!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 11:35 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I felt fine - sleep deprived but fine. The first couple days home I was over emotional but I guess that's normal. Its a tough transition -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Not too great, but not that bad either, I wasn't sore, just felt drained, with the hormones, the loss of blood, and no sleep. Giving birth is hard work and takes a lot out of you, plus your body is trying to go back to normal, it's def. a transition.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Felt just fine,my tummy was almost completly gone and if you would have asked me to go jog i would have gone and thats 5 hours after i gave birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Tired but i was running from the house to the NICU every 3 hours with a 3rd degree tear.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• well you might still be pregnant! or you might be in labor! so definitely don't count on being much use to anyone! lol.

i was very sore for about a week after. then i got much much better. i had minor tears so idk if that's why. but i have had friends who feel just fine 2 days later. i was super exhausted for months! from frequent night waking and feeding. i could have helped with putting things up, hanging up clothes, putting up bathroom stuff, but not carrying big boxes or furniture. you can just have baby duty and have others take care of that stuff for you hopefully.

you also might want to be sure that you do everything you can to prevent c-section because then you will be extremely sore and will take a lot longer to recover. like getting induced and getting epidural ups the chances that you will get a c-section. so go all natural baby! :D

best of luck to you and congrats on your new house and new baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• pp here, btw i was "due" oct 1 and had my baby oct 8....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I was exhausted after I had my 1st and 2nd, but my 3rd baby was great and slept all night w/ the exception of waking to feed once or twice. I felt FANTASTIC and was cooking full meals the day after I got home from the hospital!

We'll see how this one goes. I'm due next week.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• After my second c-section I was on percocet and was up vacuuming at 1 am about a week later. Not really a smart move on my part. And you might still be pregnant. It is very common for a first baby to be about 1 week late.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The average time for first time moms is about 41w1d, so keep that in mind. You may still be in the throes of pregnancy.

With my oldest, due to coached pushing, I had a tear and my recovery was really difficult. I had no fever, but I was in a lot of pain.

With my youngest, my pushing stage was COMPLETELY different. I avoided tearing and felt fantastic within an hour after birth. :) They were both natural births, but they were handled differently.

Recovery is completely dependent on how your birth goes.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• IMO it really depends on how your labor goes. With my daughter I was in labor for 19 hours, with an hour of pushing. I felt like I had been hit by a truck for a week or so. I was so sore I could barely walk, EVERYTHING hurt. I was popping Motrin like candy. With my son, I was in labor for 6 hours, and only pushed for like 10 minutes. I was a little sore the next day but other than that I actually felt great.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009