Cereal

When did you start putting cereal in your babies formula?

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 11:37 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not supposed to go in their formula unless directed by a doctor. Not only is it a choking hazard, but it also increases the risk of obesity. It's the same principle as adults drinking their way to being fat with sodas, etc.

You can give it on a spoon at no sooner than four months. And NNiklky, your baby is doing what s/he's supposed to do; infant tummies are tiny and cereal doesn't hold them off. In fact, it plays havoc with blood sugar levels and makes them wake MORE. Don't expect a full night's sleep for a long long long time. **grin** It's OK.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Well both my kids had cereal in infancy, infact my son's bottle had well over 1/4 cup of cereal in it, he was a HUNGARY boy. But that was 16 years ago, now the recomended age is 4-6 months
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I started feeding my baby cereal at 4 months.

Not in her bottle though.

(heads up this question is probably going to bring the not so nice mommy's out.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• NEVER put cereal in their formula bottle. Add formula to the cereal and feed with a spoon starting at 6 months. Food is for practice not nutritional value.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It ALWAYS does lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Ava didnt like Cereal and the doctor said as long as she is on formula its was okay.
    deeac23

Answer by deeac23 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yea they don't need cereal or foods for nutrtion really, my daughter needed it for Reflux and my son needed it because he was HUGNARY lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Well Im completley new at this. I have a 7 week old that eats anywhere from 5-6 oz. And eats every three hours even through the night still. Any suggestions then?
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 11:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Nikky, I have a nearly 5 MONTH old that eats like that.
    Its normal, their little tummys can't hold much more than that. Especially at 7 weeks.

Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009