DID YOU EVER RESENT YOUR PARENTS?

FOR MAKING UNWISE FINANCIAL PRACTICES THAT DIDN'T INCLUDE THE WELL BEING OF A FAMILY AFTER PERSONAL CRISIS HIT? LEAVING THE REST OF THE FAMILY WITH FINANCIAL BURDEN.

Asked by older at 11:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Relationships

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • We all make mistakes in life. Aren't you glad they taught you how not to make the same mistakes?

Answer by admckenzie at 1:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Nope...I don't resent my parents for any of the choices they have made in my upbringing. They did the best they could with what they had.
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yeah I understand, my mom has helped me sooooo much, but she holds things over my head, I'm going through a seperation and though she's helped me, she's also givin me some un-neccesary crap along the way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My parents were divorced when I was 9 and my mom was diagnosed as manic depressive or bi polar. My dad left with his young secratary. My mom was institutionazed and then we went to stay with uncle and aunt, then back to mother. Both parents were married 3X each. I blamed them for being a F@#$%^ up teen but now take responsibility for my own life and try to have a decent relationship with them . My mom has been through alot and we talk about mental illness. Honest communication is the only way. All the anger and resentment got in the way of my Peace of mind.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 11:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• nope (but my parents are VERY well off now)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• No, thankfully, my parents have good financial sense and are pretty well off. Actually, I don't resent either one of them for anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009