what is great for mesquito bites? the itching.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Health

• hydrocortizone cream
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Alcohol on a cotton ball.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• calamine lotion
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• This is probably so not good for you but nothing works for me except tobacco... I've tried benedryl cream, some other anit-itch stuff (forgot the name) and none of that worked...used to steal my x's cig's and just hold a piece of it under hot tap water to release the.. whatever it is in there that stops the itch..apply it to the bite for a minute or so and POOF, the itch was gone~! He's gone too now so I had to go out and buy myself a pack of cigs just for the bites, they can make ya crazy~ keep ya up all night~!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• calamine works, so does clear nail polish, I also use anti itch cream. Ice will also help keep the itchy feeling away but doenst last very long. The clear nail polish works the longest I have found.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• toothpaste

Answer by rkoloms at 12:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• if the bite is less than a few hours old, take some meat tenderizer and make a past with water, spread it on the bite, as it dries, it pulls the saliva (thats what makes it itch) out of the bite.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009