$25 a week? WTF?

What if your kid's dad offered you only 25 dollars a week support? Would you accept that or take him to court? He is on unemployment because he is flat out sorry. He gets like $250 a week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• No. I was smart enough to marry the father of my children and knew he was man enough to never leave. Sounds like you have a good husband, he takes care of your daughter. Screw the bio-dad, he's just a sperm donor. Focus on your family and don't worry about the deadbeat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I'd be happy with $25 a week, just knowing I was able to get something. But I'd go to court too, not to take everything from him, just so it's set.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• the poor man has to live too you know!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I know a guy who make $400 a week with two kids and he only pays $24 a week
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• even if you did take him to court, hes unemployed, you will either get less than 25 bucks or the amount your getting now..duh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• A LOT of people are out of work and on unemployment right now. Take him to court if you feel it isn't enough.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• sounds like your money hungry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• stop being greedy ATLEAST hes giving you SOMETHING! be thankful for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• take him to court, eventually he will get a job and if he doesnt and he files taxes as EIC then he will get a return and you will get paid out of his refund. Either way he will have a court order stating an amount he has to pay. When I turned 18 my father was miffed that I myself went to the state and asked them to garnish his paycheck to pay my mom the back child support he owed, Amazingly he came up with the money in 4 payements. Its in your best interest to have a court order with a set amount and its also in the best interest of your children this way you will have a running total of what he owes you, and just because they turn 18 doesnt mean back child support isnt owed.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• just keep taking that.. then in a few years when he has a good job or making decent money.. you can get him for backed child support. ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2009