Severe headaches that constantly change in the way they act???

I am a mother of 3 kids and since after my last baby i got a copper iud and then got it removed because hubby got a vesectomy, every since i first got it i have had headaches and heavy periods, i knowlonger have the iud and over time my headaches keep getting worse.They are alway on right eye First i would get them every two week and they lasted 4days straight, all through the night and days for a total 4days, now recently i have them for 4days, but it is weird what happens now, they are more severe, let me explain my headache right now, well it came on sunday went away monday then came back monday night at like 1am, then went away tuesday afternoon and came back 1am wednesday and went away this morning and i took a nap because i felt it come on and woke up to it worse then ever. I took excedrin and it finally worked for this one and it usually doesn't work, but now im scared to sleep because i know im destined to wake in pain

jesusgirl99

Asked by jesusgirl99 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Health

• Alkalanize your system...I drink carrot juice for my migraines and they're from hell, I vomit all the livelong day for 3-4 days...so I've learned...no citrus, no dairy, no tomato's, vinegar, wine etc.....google acidic & alkaline foods...almonds are very alkalanzing as well and so is celery...any medications make the system more acidic than it already is ...works like this: acid causing foods or drugs = an acidic system=inflammation= pain. Mine began when I started drinking espresso, I didn't know then about caffiene withdrawl...even after I quit drinking coffee for a long period of time I still got the migraines...it may be one thing that started them...possibly the copper iud..but once you get them they seem to take on a life of their own even after the original culprit is long gone...I'm wondering if you might look into chelation therapy as well, to eliminate any toxins from your system...
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If I were you I would get to a doctor. If you are having migraines then there are options out there for you, but you need to see a doctor to make that determination! Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Migraines are commonly triggered by food. Common migraine triggers are: cheese, chocolate, nitrates, vinegar, MSG. You may want to keep a food diary, or work with a nutritionist or dietician on an elimination diet.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• THere are so many possibilities. Go to Web MD. They have good resources for headaches then go to the doc wtih as much info as you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009