Moms of school-aged kids, how do you feel about your kids going back to school?

How do you feel about it...HONESTLY? :)

divinelovemagic

Asked by divinelovemagic at 12:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I miss them, but I know that they are in a good school, they come home everyday with a smile on their face. It's also nice having "me" time. I look forward to seeing what they have done and helping them with their homework.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Well, usually I get sad. This yr, though, I have a broken ankle, and they were driving me nuts getting into stuff, so I was actually glad for the first day of school. My youngest started kindergarten, and I did get sad over that, but mostly I was relieved to have a few hours where I could rest and not worry about what they were getting into while I'm trying to heal.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My kids started half-day kindergarten and 3rd grade almost a month ago. I was sad about the little one going off to school for the first couple days - even cried over it.

Now I realize how much I can get done while they're both in school, and how much I enjoy being able to just sit and watch the news or something in the morning if I choose. Having them in school is great.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Honestly?? I love it lol. But my kids are 16 and 10
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I get sad....
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It's great. They love school and I've gotten lots done around the house since they've been back. They come home happy, ready for a snack and ready to get homework done, which is always a fun time, cause with my 2nd grader I get to help quiz him with his spelling. We've just had great days so far.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I love it! They love it...so far! But I honestly miss them. The house is super quiet, you could hear a pin drop. Then when they get home, all hell breaks loose! lol.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I love it. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. Love it with a capital L. Love it. Dancing a jig.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009