whats up with the people who get all pissy if we have FS and have a computer and the internet??

honestly, i got my computer as a gift from my parents, and our neighbor has a unprotected wifi signal so i don't pay for it at all...and before you make judgements you should get all the facts dumb@$$

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have FS I work a full time job as does my husband. Unfortunatly we both make crappy pay. Because of that, I cannot get to the library at school or the public library so how do YOU suggest that I get my schoolwork done? Not to mention, if I need to print something at the school library, it's a dollar a PAGE. That's alot of money per semester that I could be using to buy shoes or clothing for my children. I have the cheapest internet/phone package I could find so tell me how that 40/mo would feed a family of 4? And to the person who mentioned a 3 brm for 600/mo where do you live? Because a 3bdrm in my town would cost you 1000-1200/mo. That's more than BOTH of us make. Do I want to be on welfare? No, but I'm not gonna let my pride cause my children to not eat.
    Nikidu

Answer by Nikidu at 6:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• "and our neighbor has a unprotected wifi signal so i don't pay for it at all"

You do know that it's a federal offense?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• uhh not if they are stupid enough not to put a password on it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• "uhh not if they are stupid enough not to put a password on it"

It still is a federal offense
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i googled it and no it not.....when we had internet we had a password, its not that hard to set up so obivously they don't care
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• "i googled it and no it not....."

and the internet is always right...contact the local government office and they will tell you that it is the same as tapping into someones cable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• well if its illegal than why would hotels,coffee shops etc...have free wifi whats the difference?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Because they allow it, your neighbors don't know, therefore if they find out you could be in serious trouble!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• They offer the service and expect people to use it...your neighbor does not and if they know what they are doing, they can see everything you are doing...passwords, e-mails, any info you have on your computer.
    Anonymous

• Um...because people don't realize that people who are in school need the internet and a computer. Plus, um normal people save up for those things and get the package deals from the cable company and such.

Oh and yeah, the difference between a hotel, coffee shop, or other business that has free wi-fi is that they are a public entity. Unless you have documented permission from said neighbor, you are stealing their internet. It would be like putting a splitter on their cable.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009