IF you celebrate Autumn equinox, how do you celebrate?

For those mothers of you who celebrate the Autumn equinox, what are your traditions? Were you raised celebrating it or have you only just started the tradition with your family?

Thanks for sharing!!

If you do not celebrate it, this question is not for you, thanks for understanding! :)

divinelovemagic

Asked by divinelovemagic at 12:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Holidays

• This is only my first real equinox that I will be celebrating. It's special to me because I got married on the equinox (I didn't know it when I set the date lol). I'm so excited. This year I'm hoping to get together with some other equinoxers... they're talking about a drum circle. Not really my thing, but I've never done one, so I'm up for something new. If I can't go then I will be making a nice dinner and eating with my family and then going out to my altar to Freya (my altar is living... it's some potted dianthus and mint), my patron goddess, and meditating, maybe casting a few shields, grounding, then coming in for cakes and ale. I'd also like to get up and see the sunrise. Mabon rocks :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I only finish up any and all of my harvesting of my garden... clean and ready for the winter months...
    We may have a bon-fire that night....
    I will have Fall flowers/decorations up all over the house....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• what is it?
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well Mabon is the original thanksgiving, so we invite over friends and have a huge potluck feast. We chronicle the things we are thankful for etc.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2009