Ok need some advice...again lol? Please tell me what u think.

Ok yesterday i went to the doctor on a routine visit(weekly now b/c im 37wks pregnant) well right before i went i began feeling like a menstrual cramp feeling and was all hot plus pain in my back and legs. Well turns out im dilated barely 1cm that they were contractions. Is labor not that far away even if its my 1st pregnancy? Advice please.

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some women cramp for weeks before they actually go into active labor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• 1 cm..is pretty much noting at all. my sil was 1cm for about 3 1/2 weeks and then the had to induce her(she was 1cm at 37weeks and the induced her at 40wks and 5days) So it could mean that it might be close,or it could not...try having sex,,that helps
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Im 37wks 4d ive been in early labor for almost 2 week dilated to 3cm an this is my 3rd baby! So try not to get your hopes up because it still could be awhile before baby is ready! Gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i was almost 4 cm at 28 with my first she came at 38 wks. with my son i was3 cm at 32 wks he was born at 37.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It means absolutely nothing. 1cm is hardly even worth mentioning. Sorry.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I was dilated to 1 cm at my 36- or 37-week appointment with my first; no labor by my C-section at 39 weeks. With my second, on the other hand, I was at "maybe a 1" at my 39-week appointment and went into labor 3 days later. So there's really no telling. Some women can sit at 3-4 cm for weeks, and others don't dilate at all before labor.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009