Anyone heard of headaches that worsen with sleep??

I have bad headaches almost monthly for 1yr and they last 4days straight. They are always on my right eye and are excruciating. They never before worshened with sleep untill this months episode, i sleep and wake up 10 times worse then when i went to sleep. please i pray someone can help. i have know money for a doctor and i don't want to go if this is just a normal migrain, and i don't want to be stuck on pain pills, i just want to be happy me again, evertime these attacks come on hubby has to leave work because i cannot take care of my kids. My quality of life is becoming depressing.

jesusgirl99

Asked by jesusgirl99 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Health

• They sound like migraines that are worsening. I have migraines and they vary in strength and severity and can come on while I am sleeping. without seeing a doc you will just have to deal with the pain... but i would suggest, if you don't see a doc right now, go get some excedrin migraine strength. it works. take it when you feel one coming on and sometime if you think one is coming on before you lay down, take it then.
    Personally, I take perscription migraine meds and they are a lifesaver. The OTC stuff just wasn't cutting it anymore. I still can get a headache even on my meds, but not migraines and they go away in a snap.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Have you changed your pillow and if you haven't you should try that and sleep with one between your knees. I'm thinking pressure headaches from your spine and neck being out of line while you're sleeping. I sure hope you get better.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• have you checked your blood pressure? I had that for about 3 days straight,and then I toke my blood pressure at home and it was waaaaayyy down. So i called the dotor and he told me what to do and it stopped
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• what did he tell you to do lovin my babies?
    jesusgirl99

Answer by jesusgirl99 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I know it will boil doen to be seeing a doctor. I can't take excedrin at night because it has caffine and i wont beable to sleep
    jesusgirl99

Answer by jesusgirl99 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I had to lay on my back with my legs elevated at a 45 degree angle and then drink cold coke or eat ice cream,just as long as it was really sweet.and within an hour I felt better, by the end of the day I was back to normal. I didn't know what it was at first b/c I have never had low blood pressure
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• interesting lovin my baby5
    jesusgirl99

Answer by jesusgirl99 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It sounds like a cluster headace or maybe a sinus headache. My uncle used to get the cluster headaches and he said it felt like his eye was going to explode. He had a percription pain med for it.

It's also possible the headache is merely a symptom of something more serious.

Caffine can help with migraines. Check out: http://www.relieve-migraine-headache.com/headache-caffeine.html Just not in large quanties. And if sleep is making you worse anyhow .... It could be worth a try? What works best for my headaches is moist heat. Maybe try that on your eye.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• They say caffiene is the best thing for a headache. When I had my son 10 months ago, I had him by csection and after they had given me a spinal one of the side effects were a spinal headache.And let me tell you that by far was the worst pain i have ever been in, in my life. I couldnt move my head without it feeling like someone was beating me in the head,eyes,back of my neck. So they ordered me a 6 pack of pepsi and had me drink that in like an hour period. Well that didnt help so they did a blood patch to patch up the hole from the needle that was used to do the spinal. That helped sum but they also had me on a caffiene drip in my iv. That worked ! I was very jittery and talked a mile a minute.Also headaches are caused from lack of food and fluids.Drink plenty of water and take motrin when you even feel one coming on! I hope this helps!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009