How do I get my son to drink something?

I just switched my 8 1/2 month old to sippy cups... And he is refusing to drink out of them... He usually takes a 7 oz bottle of formula with every meal... Now that he is refusing his sippys he is also refusing his bottles... I don't know what to do... I worries me that he won't drink anything... Any advice, PLEASE?

Karess82

Asked by Karess82 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do the sippys have hard plastic nipples? If so, you may want to switch to a softer nipple like nuby or Nuk.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• No they are soft... They are beginner sippys... Nuby... He is also teething...
    Karess82

Answer by Karess82 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You may try the ones with the silicone straw to see if he will take to them instead.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I'll try it... Thank you...
    Karess82

Answer by Karess82 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I agree, try staws and also as messy as it might be, try offering him (w/your help) liquids from other things: regular cups, water bottles etc. You never know what they will like. Neither of mine ever had a bottle and so once they were weaned I worried they did not get enough liquid too. Hope this helps!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009