What is Awana?

I am going to put my childern in a different church. we have the same religon but it wasn't called Awana is was called youth group.
So i am hoping to get some info on this awana subject before we go tonight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• AWANA stands for Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed
    The children learn and memorize bible verses, paly games, sing songs and do bible studies.
    My oldest daughter is in it and she LOVES it. They earn badges and awards and they have a graduation ceremony at the end of the year as well. There are also special nights, for instance, tonight is backwards night for us. The children are awarded points in their groups for participation in special nights and bringing friends along and they earn Awana bucks to spend in the store. Hope the kids enjoy it like mine does!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 12:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I thinks it's basically the same thing. The church my friend goes to has Awana and it was kind of like VBS.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 12:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Same as PP. My kids went to awana with there cousins & loved it.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 12:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• oh so it basically its like the youth group that we have. thanks sweetie for your help, and i am sure they will love it. have a nice day sweetie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009