My husband want's to join the Air force for the benefits.Will he get his enlistment bonus upfront?

if not,when will he get it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• how much is his enlistment bonus? last i knew they got rid of enlistment bonuses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• What I was told when I was going to join the Navy was I would get 1/2 when i graduated boot camp, and the 2nd 1/2 one year after graduation.

But, that was the Navy.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Call the recruiter's office and ask
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't know about the AF, but my ex was Army and my dad's a Marine. When my ex enlisted, he was told his enlistment bonus wouldn't be paid until after BT or AIT and then only a percentage UNTIL his first enlistment was up.

My dad is a former Recruiter and a career Marine. His advice is: Get it in writing. If it's not spelled out exactly in his enlistment paperwork, they WILL find a way not to give it to him. Or what he does get will get FUBARed. Or postponed "indefinitely".

Don't trust anything the recruiter "tells" you unless it's in writing. Your recruiter could be mistaken or there could be a misunderstanding. (Or policy may change!) If it's verbal - its your word against his later and your recruiter will more than likely have a higher rank. If it's in writing, you may be able to get grandfathered - or at least, you'll have something to back up your statements.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2009