This s acceptable at a tea party?

Pastor Steven Anderson, notorious for his hate-sermon against President Obama, gave a speech at a July 4th Tea Party event that a blogger on Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty website deemed "excellent."

"President Obama is the worst president in the history of the United States ... He's selling us into slavery and serfdom," Anderson said at the Gilbert, Arizona gathering. However, he added that the Republican Party was just as bad.

Describing an incident in April during which the pastor was tasered by border control officials, Anderson concluded: "I shed my blood in the fight for freedom. Somebody needs to stand up and do something about this."

Anderson has regularly resisted searches at checkpoints and gotten into other altercations with authorities.

Thiis is the man that wants Obama to DIE, for someone to KILL him....HE is invited to a tea party?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVemYhWSFPM&feature=player_embedded
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Wow - there's a way to hurt the 3rd parties!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I've said it before, and i'll say it again.. no one should wish death on the President. I dont care who our President may be.. As for what was said at the tea party, opinions are like a**holes... everyone has one.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Hmm ... haven't heard about him, I don't think.
    The quote of what he said about Obama AND Republican politicians looks accurate.
    Really sorry to hear that he said he wants someone to harm Obama ... that's not okay ...

You say he was "invited to a Tea Party". The way Tea Parties work is that whoever wants to can come, so you must mean that he was invited to give a speech at this one. Do you suppose he has ever said anything else besides "someone should do away with Obama" that might have prompted the invitation to speak?

Admittedly, the path the gov't is driving us down is a destructive one. but it is just inaccurate to blame it on Obama. We have had politicians and Washington bureaucrats pushing this agenda for decades. Obama is simply the figurehead for the moment when they have power in White House, Supreme Court, Senate AND House.
    They are moving fast while the obstacles are out of their way.

That's not Obama.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Prove that Anderson said that he wanted Obama to DIE.

Prove it with a CREDIBLE source.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Sorry I don't bother with YouTube vidoes. I need a credible source for the he wanted Obama to die comments.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Look it up yourself, anon. Google is your friend.

I see people post stuff REGULARLY that I don't agree with and you know what, I do my own search. Get off your lazy ass and look for it if it bothers you that much that someone said it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Hey, this is Sweet-a-kins' question. The burden of proof is on her--she's the one who brought it up, and I'm not doing her homework for her. Unless she can provide something concrete and credible that this pastor posed a threat to Obama, then I won't take her seriously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I just did a google search and pulled up a youtube video... from FOX news where this guy says it ON VIDEO IN HIS OWN WORDS.

Why would you not think a youtube video of the actual person speaking is credible? I supposed heresay would be better. that's just stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Here's your "credible" Fox news link...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/31/phoenix-pastor-draws-protests-telling-church-prays-obamas-death/?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r2:c0.130330:b27447730:z0

eat another bon-bon and bitch some more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009