What to do?

I'm gonna get straight to the point. I'm 32wks prego and I'm in need of a job. Well I was called back for an interview but I'm scared I'm going to get turned down. Should I go on the interview anyway and just explain to them how much I need the job now and later. Or should I just pass it up. The job pays good and has good hours. Please help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Aren't you going to be taking time off in a week or so anyway to have the baby? I think I would just wait until after the baby gets here. It kind of puts them in a liability situation by hiring you at 32 weeks.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I'd take every opportunity to get work, irreguardless, at least talk about setting something up so when you can return to work you'd have a job. I've been looking for work and get turned down at the door, I'm 25-26 weeks preg.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Have you thought about a work at home, just until you're ready to return to work?

http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I have thought about working from home but it just doesn't work for me. I like to be with the public.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Go to the interview.
    Be upbeat, not desperate.
    Be prepared with great questions, and a plan to cover your maternity leave.
    Send a hand written thank you note as soon as you get home.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• This is PERFECT for you!

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You should set something up for after the birth, maybe if you could do your training and the such before the baby, have your leave, go back swinging ??? I'm sure they'll work something out for you if they are in need of an employee. I hope you find something. I'm in the same boat, just much earlier in the pregnancy.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 1:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If you have thought about working from home I would love to share with you what I do and how I make money. I have a secure job that is flexible, pays well, I enjoy plus I can stay at home with my 2 1/2 year old son without paying for expensive childcare. Please email me or contact me 301 502 8859 if you would like to hear a little about our company. No pressure to join. Just informational.
    MKFaceGirl

Answer by MKFaceGirl at 5:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009