how do you get a 8 month old to entertain themselves

lady_bug09

Asked by lady_bug09 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 10 months and sometimes he just won't entertain himself. Other times, I'll get him started playing with something and then he's content on his own. Just spend lots of time with him, showing him how to play - my son's favorite toy right now is one of those pop up toys with the 5 different "switches" (one slides, one turns, one flips, etc) and it took a lot of hand over hand to teach him how to do it, but now that he can he'll spend a lot of time opening and closing those.
    It also helped a lot when he learned to crawl - he loves "exploring" so we had to babyproof but now it's safe for him to crawl around while I'm cleaning or working on whatever.

Answer by missanc at 1:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• favorite show or movie? my daughters fav toy was the light up ones and the ones wher u push a botton something pops out of the top(: she would sit ther forever if i let her.
    kristajoy

Answer by kristajoy at 1:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Why would an 8 month old need to be alone?

Answer by rkoloms at 1:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Exersaucer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2009